Sunday, March 7, 2010

Project Report, Week 8 – Copyright and Fair Use

I’d like to focus my blog this week on the subject that we are discussing in the class boards: Copyright and Fair Use.


The project I am working on is a personal portfolio containing work that I have produced for myself, my personal businesses, and other people/businesses. I will need to be sure that any work I display that was created under commission is authorized to be displayed freely. Even though I may have created the design, I may not be at liberty to re-create that design from its actual owner.


This is a very interesting aspect of copyright law. It is along the same lines as a musical artist not owning the rights to their voice recordings and lyrics since they may have been commissioned and under contract to produce such recordings.


Along with ensuring my work is not blatantly infringing on any copyright issues, I will be continuing to develop and improve the design and content of my portfolio this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment