Sunday, February 14, 2010

Project Report, Week 5 – Gathering My Work

This was an interesting week. I got to juggle some school with a business trip. Luckily, there was lots of time to sit around in an airport to get some homework done.

So, for this weeks work, I needed to gather up my work that is worth showing off. Finding websites and art to show off isn’t hard for me. The hard part was that last part from two sentences ago, “worth showing off”. I’ve had years of messing around with websites and playing in Photoshop, but rarely did it result in something worth displaying to a prospective client.

I began by selecting the websites I’m proud to say I designed them. Next, I searched for some school assignments that I really enjoyed, as those are the ones I spent the most time on and can give glowing descriptions of. Finally, I am still searching through Photoshop work. Of which, there are many sites that I thought about making, did make and now they’re no longer hosted, or were just too difficult to create (at my then level of code mastery).

I’m always tinkering around and I also have a few classes that may produce some noteworthy work this semester. This portfolio will need to be an ever changing portal of my work so I can continue to draw in clients. Tastes in websites change and as they do, I’ll need to update, not just the design of the portfolio site, but of the items I display as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment